Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Being Brave

Recently, two people I know (one a professional colleague, one a relative) allowed me to read some of their writing....actually, believe it or not, theyasked me to read their manuscripts. I was so jazzed. Why, you ask? Aren't you a writer? you ask. Isn't that what you do?

Well, I am going to admit something here. I am the biggest chicken when it comes to sharing new stuff. When I finally do work up my nerve, I usually hem and haw around until I have sufficiently embarrassed myself and if I don't share then, I look utterly foolish. Sooo, it was a nice lesson for me, to have these aspiring authors so bravely share their work with me.
(Because, folks, sharing writing is HARD sometimes, especially if you really care about what you wrote. What if someone doesn't like it??)

But these two writers, man, what courage! Throwing caution to the wind and being brave.

Courage. Wow.

No comments: