Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

Magic


I took my girls to Disneyland yesterday. There's something so inspiring about being in a place that was created for the sole purpose of encouraging people to believe in magic....or rather helping people remember that magic does exist.


I always feel like writing when I get home from Disneyland. There is such a celebration of imagination within its walls. That is my goal as I work with young writers this Fall....to find more ways to celebrate imagination. Just like the guy in the cool shoes and awesome hair above said,
"Imagination is more important that knowledge."
hrh

1 comment:

Celtic Kitten said...

Disneyland has that special magic too. I'll never get tired of it. Although I do take more breaks from the running around now. Kids really need magic and their imaginations back. What happened to trunks full of dress-up clothes, Cowboys and Indians, doll houses and club houses, forts and mudpies? I think in most part imagination is run by 4 AA batteries now. Your curriculum sounds great for the upcoming year.