Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sooooo........

Okay, I couldn't resist. I was sitting around, having a little fun in my writing book, when the thought occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, there was more than one Surfer Chick....maybe Surfer Chicks. Soooooo....I wrote one more draft, with three surfing chickens this time. (Man, I hope I can let this idea go soon. I have other stuff I need to be working on. But when the muse speaks, or rather the chicken peeps, the smart author listens.) For example, my first draft of Good Knight simply had my armor-clad hero walking around a castle bidding the royal subjects to have a Good Night.....and that was about it for plot. Thank God for the second and third drafts!!

It might sound a little freaky-weird, but a story kind of tells you when it's done. If I find myself writing about the same thing over and over and over, well, it's just telling me that it's not done yet.

(goes back to writing book, listening for peeps....)

HRH

No comments: