I was going to post about middles, having posted last about beginnings, but I just got out of the car after an 18 hr drive (yes, folks, 18 hrs.....supposed to be 16, but there was the whole snow and ice thing outside of Denver.....) and if anyone asks you if it is completely insane to drive from Denver to SoCal in one day, well, the answer is yes. (And I'm sorry I was unable to visit any blogs whilst gone...no computer. I missed you guys!)
So, since my brain is loopy and I feel like the chair is still moving under my butt, I think I'm going to save that post and just list a few random things I'm thankful for, what with Thanksgiving and all:
1. Tea bags. You know, those little tea ball things are cute and it does feel very grown up and Victorian to put your tea leaves in around, metal ball and then hoist that ball over the side of the teacup/teapot and let the magic happen, but what a pain. Messy and, well, too much work when you just got out of the car and all you want is a cup of peppermint tea.
2. Food processors. As I prepare to make stuffing, I am grateful that I have a food processor to chop the onions and celery finely enough so that I don't have to listen to people (as in 3 daughters) complain they found a chunk of onion. Blasted onions!!
3. Beds at Home. Far better that hotel beds or beds made on hotel floors with lots of pillows and such. (Hey, Hotels, just so you know, some people have 3 kids, not just 2. Whatever happened to the roll-away???)
4. McDonald's Dollar Menu. Dude, you know I love you. And I want you to know that I still love you, even though I'll not be visiting you for a very, very, very, very, very looooooooong time. (There is such a thing as too much of a good/cheap thing.)
5. Toilets That Don't Automatically Flush. Okay, so when they flush three times when you are just opening the door to the stall, well, that just makes them seem possessed. And no one, NO ONE wants to sit on a toilet from the dark side.
6. My Blogging Buddies. It is late and I have been trapped in a car longer than it took the pilgrims to cross the Atlantic yet here I am, checking blogs when I should be off in slumber land. It was hard being gone from my cyber/writing friends. I can't wait to finish reading more in the morning!