I cannot believe it!!!
I AM DONE WITH SCHOOL!
So, before I settle into the types of days where I look at the clock and say, "Three o'clock??? How did that happen?" I thought I'd look at my goals for summer. Might as well start out with a plan, which by the way is very different from an outline, in case you were wondering.
1. Keelie of the Lake (formerly called Calista)-Middle grade. Complete first draft.
Already 10,000 words. Needs about 30,000 more.
2. Nix the Naughty(Middle Grade/Chapter Book)- Final revision with agent before it goes out on submission. (Should be done in the next week...then we'll see...)
3. Wren Faire (YA-though I might adjust to tween...?)-Revise for plot and such...big picture revision. BIG project.
4. Surfiesta (picture book/poetry)- SERIOUSLY??? Has this book NOT been on every single one of my goals list since last summer??? Why can't I finish this one? I have one more stinking poem to go and for the life of me, I am NEVER happy with the rhythm and rhyme in that one poem. Okay, If I do not finish it this summer, I will eat the poem that is giving me fits. Eat it.
5. Area 51 Elementary (chapterbook)- maybe 10 more pages. I don't want to finish it this summer, but I'd like to get a little more done. This one is a slow write for me, but comfortable, so I'd like to keep it going, however there is no rush.
6. New Picture Book-? I'd like to be inspired to just crank out something new...the kind of picture book that flows easily in the first draft and seems almost right upon the first read.....*sigh*....(yeah, I know, people in hell want ice water, too.) But I wrote a couple this year that I hadn't planned on, (Icky Chicky, then Bob the Slob and the Wobbly Blob) and they were such fun since I had no expectations....
7. Chicken Wizard and the Egg of Destiny (easy reader)- revise when I receive agent notes....sometime this summer.
So, there they are, the magnificent 7. Seven writing goals by which to navigate my summer.
Wish me luck! I set sail today!