I wrote a lot yesterday. It felt good. I think I know where the story is going, but there are surprises along the way, even for me.
That is the best thing about writing: when your own story surprises you.
Love*love*love* when that happens.
Other things I love today:
1. Hot tea in the morning brought to me by my husband as I sit at my non-desk (TV tray these days actually). He know just how long to leave the bag in, which isn't very long. I don't like it if it's too dark. blech.
2. Guacamole. Yep, feel like making a big ole bowl of it tonight and eating myself silly with salty-salty chips. yum.
3. Fresh water pearls. I bought a necklace last week in Santa Fe that had freshwater pearls and some turquoise and I love it so much. Usually I wear freshwater pearl earrings everyday that dangle just a tad. (StoryQueen secret: I don't change my earrings but for very special occasions. When I had my third child, something just had to go. There was only so much time in the day, so it was earrings. Sigh. Someday, maybe I'll have cool earrings with every outfit again, but for now, I rarely think about them.) But now I have an awesome necklace....lalalala.
4. My hair. Oh, I am in a debate with myself as to whether to cut it or not....it is the longest it has been in a while and silverish, but I really don't want it to look like I am a hippie or a witch. But today, it looks kind of cool. (maybe because it's overcast....?) Anyway, it feels soft and not wirey and, well, today I like it.
5. My Agent. Joanna Stampfel-Volpe is the best. Seriously. THE best. IN THE WORLD. How I ever managed without an agent all those years is due to sheer dumb luck. * I bounced some new ideas off of her yesterday and she was so encouraging. (She has a new blog....you should check her out....maybe someday you'll be as lucky as I am and get to work with her....)
What are you loving today?
*Yeah, I had to stick a Harry Potter reference in...just because....that was a Professor McGonogall-ism.