2. My house is too cold. I live in SoCal. There is no excuse.
3. Too many good books to read, no time to crack them open. sigh.
4. How is it even possible that there are 12 books on my tiny desk? And a lamp, laptop, manuscript pages, bookmark....oh, and a Christmas card I accidentally addressed to myself and mailed. Way to go, self.
5. There is a vase with flowers on my mantle that is from before Christmas. It looks like a haunted bouquet.
6. French fries after 9:00 p.m. = bad idea.
7. One side of my nose might be getting a cold.
8. In a recent unscientific poll of 4th and 5th grade boys, the following things are funny:
Men with hairy backs
Anyone named Bob
9. I have to get ready for work so I can do a retelling of the Japanese folktale The Crane Wife to fourth graders today. There is a part when the tension builds and they just know something is going to happen (because IT IS) and, well....I like to drag it out until their eyes are all glassy and big.....then I SCARE them.
Some days, my job is better than others.