Musings from a hotel room...
1. I use the word "bit" a LOT in my stories. I am editing one right now and it's there ON EVERY PAGE! A bit of this...a bit of that...No.More.Bit.
2. I had an Italian Beef Sandwich at Geno's East yesterday. YUM. Chicago food=yummy. (Chicago style pizza, I am coming for you. Tonight.)
3. Folks around here LOVE their libraries. AND the youth librarians know all the kids by name!! Literacy is alive in Illinois!
4. My hotel has skinny mirrors. I want to take one home with me.
5. I watched the National Geographic Bee on TV this morning. (Hey, I was taking a small break from editing. Truly I am getting a lot done. I promise.) Anyway, Alex Trebek hosts the finals. I have a special interest because I am the sponsor of our school's Geo-Bee, and have been for the past ten years. However, with budget cuts and time constraints, I have been thinking that next year we will not be able to participate in the Bee. No time to run it, no money to fund it, no personnel to help...
And then I watched these children, 12 and 13 year-old brilliant, BRILLIANT children and...I guess I'll be hosting another Bee! (And getting my own subscription to National Geographic!! So many places in the world have new names. I bow at the feet of these amazing kids.)
6. I miss my kids.
P.S. Um, this has been bothering me a little, so I'll just say it. This year, all of the National Geographic Bee Finalists were boys. Come on, girls! A bit* more geography-love, I say!
* Oh no! There is is again!