Pages

.

.
Books are available from Indiebound, Amazon, Barnes and Noble and many other fine shops.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why My Kids Rule!

My birthday was over the weekend and this is what I got:


Yes.

Seriously.

Is my family awesome or what?  I mean, I cannot believe that I now actually own the Falcon!! (Shh...the best part is that I didn't have to build it!  They built it for me.  It's not that I stink at Lego building or anything, so don't think that.  AT ALL.  Because I bet I could build an awesome Millennium Falcon...once I undid the mistakes and tried again for like the third or fourth time.)

And it came with these:


I KNOW!!

A tiny little Han Solo!  He can play with my other Lego guys!  I bet he will be besties with:


Uh-oh.  Wait a minute.  Han Solo and Indiana Jones are both alter-egos of my inner editor--Harrison Ford.

Crud.

Because what I am supposed to be doing right now is focusing copy edits, not playing with my new little Lego guys and searching for internet pictures of them

I hear them from the other room.  They are probably talking about me.

Indy-So....


Han-Yeah....


Indy- (cough) this is awkward.....


Han-Where is the cheese?


Or not.

Off to edit more, before the boys come and get me.

Hrh.

p.s. What was your favorite birthday gift ever?

12 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

You are so lucky!!

I got a HUGE booklovers basket this year and the goodies were A-MAZ-ING. I won't list everything in it (because there were tons) but let's just say it varied from books to my very own library loaning cards and date stamp.

Jess said...

Too cool! I have to say, I like the little Lego guys even more than I like the ship :)

When I was 16, my parents got me a white Fender electric guitar and a speaker, and I thought that thing was the COOLEST! Unfortunately, my electric guitar skills never really developed, but I still have the thing in case my 2-year-old wants to shred some wicked tunes someday.

This year I got a pedicure kit from my husband, who is the worst gift giver in the world. I am not a pedicure-type person. So...the guitar is still in the winning position, I guess :)

Christina Lee said...

I cannot show my 7 yo this--nonono. So MUCH jealousy!!! And to have it built FOR you--wow! How lond did it take them (so many pieces)!!!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Hey, editing should be a snap (sound effect of whip slashing the air)now that you've got a full crew on board with you.
Happy birthday!

storyqueen said...

Catherine-Ooohh--a book lover's basket! what a great idea!

Jess-Yup. I'd pick a Fender over a pedicure. Any day of the week.

Christine-Well, my daughter's boyfriend started it on Friday night, then my youngest finished it on Sunday. (But no one worked on it on Saturday.)

Tricia-I wish that is was, but it isn't. Sigh.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I want one!!!
Happy belated Birthday! I have one coming up, so maybe I'll get as lucky. :-)

Lydia Kang said...

Can I just say...you are too cool in my book.

I want the Millenium Falcon!

Laura Pauling said...

What a great present. My kids would die for all those little figures! Not sure they are ready to build a set that big yet though!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

This was too funny!!!!

I sucked at making things with Lego, unless I followed the directions (Hey, at least I can follow directions). I had no imagination whatsoever to create something different. :P

b said...

a book...always a book! I wouldn't mind having one of those architecture lego sets though. that would be very nice!

b

http://www.retireinstyleblog.com

Janet Johnson said...

My kiddos would be SO jealous! And I have to admit to enjoy building with legos, too. :)

One year, my husband got me a How-to-get-published book, which led me down this path in the first place. Best gift! (even if I'm not yet published)

Joanna said...

They DO rule! Awesome gift!!