Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Seven Tales of Trinket Official Catalog Blurb


I finally got the catalog blurb for Trinket!  I know it seems silly to be so excited, especially since this is my tenth book, but it's my first novel, and the world of the novel is very new to me.  You could even say it's "novel".  (hahaha).  Anyway, I am happy with the description--I think it captures the story well, (seeing as it's a tale about capturing stories and all.)




Guided by a tattered map, accompanied by Thomas the Pig Boy, and inspired by the storyteller's blood that thrums through her veins, eleven year-old Trinket searches for the seven stories she needs to become a bard like her father, who disappeared years before.  She befriends a fortune-telling gypsy girl; returns a child stolen by the selkies to his true mother; confronts a banshee and receives a message from a ghost; helps a village girl outwit--and out-dance--the Faerie Queen; travels beyond the grave to battle a dastardly, undead Highwayman; meets a hound so loyal he fights a wolf to the death to protect the baby prince left in his charge.  All fine material for six tales, but it is the seventh tale, in which Trinket learns her father's true fate, that changes her life forever.



In other random news, I saw THE HUNGER GAMES and I really liked it.  I'd not seen a movie in a theater since HUGO at Thanksgiving.  It makes the viewing of the film into an event--I'll have to do it more often.  

I made a charity appearance at a little girls birthday party today.  We had tea in the tiniest little cups that were over 100 years old!

And it's storming here.  Again.

Looks like a good night for potatoes and cheese.

hrh

10 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Oh, Shelley, that's a marvelous blurb. All those incredible tasks and still one bigger and more mysterious to whet our appetite. I'm so excited for you.
Storming here, too, thunder and a bit of hail clattering about.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! It is NOT silly to be excited. Thanks for sharing the book blurb.

Julie Dao said...

Shelley, I cannot wait to read Trinket. It sounds so magical and beautiful.

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Yay! Love the blurb for TRINKET. Love the title too.

PJ Hoover said...

I love the cover and I love the blurb! It sounds just amazing! Yay :)

Christina Lee said...

It's ABSOLUTELY exciting!!!!!!!!! We shall be buying it in this house and reading it!!

Myrna Foster said...

I'm SO looking forward to reading Trinket! :o)

Matthew MacNish said...

This looks really good, Shelley! Congrats.

Small Review said...

I love it! I can't wait to read this book. :D

(love your puns!)

Catherine Denton said...

This is an incredible blurb! Everytime I read about this book, I want it more.
Catherine Denton