So, to kick it off, here are 7 things that I love right now:
1. The BREEZE!! It is so hot right now in SoCal. But when the ocean breeze kicks in, it's about the best feeling in the world. Kind of like a very cold angel is flapping its wings at you or something....sigh.
2. Grapefruits. I don't know why. I used to love them as a child (with a little salt.) Haven't really had them for years but now...I can't get enough of them!! Come to me, my little lop-sided citrus wonder.
3. SUP!! This refers to Stand-Up Paddling. What a blast. You stand on a big, fat surfboard with a paddle and row yourself around. I am only brave enough to risk the lagoon, not the waves, but still... (although I do hear banjo music in my mind when I paddle--kind of feels like I am Huck Finn.)
4. A picture book I wrote involving a dog, a cat, and space travel. (Because, I ask you, are there enough of books with those elements out there? I think not.)
5. This poster:
|I am hanging this in my classroom!|
|I don't know why the twistiness makes them better, but trust me. It does.|
7. Enchiladas. There's really not much else to say about that. They are delicious. That is that.
So, what are 7 things you love right now?