1. A real-live ginormous spider has moved into my tree and I can't even put that fake cottony spider-web stuff out there because his webs are even scarier and he sits in the middle of them.......waiting.
2. A frightening aroma has entered my house--puppy and puppy pee. Thank God for scented candles. (Yeah, I wanted new carpet anyway.)
3. Already overdosed on candy-corn and can't bear to look at any candy at all. (Except, I would eat Dots. I can always eat Dots.)
4. Recently terrified 120 5th graders with the Legend of Sleepy Hollow. (Although I have yet to tell The Ghost With One Black Eye. Luckily there are still a few more days.)
5. Listened to my first Christmas Carol of the year. Wait. WHAT??? Well, that's how I know that it's almost Halloween--when I start getting ready for Christmas. Only so many hours in the day.
6. While I was running, at 5:30 a.m., I passed a house that had people int he front yard playing croquet. Did I mention it was 5:30 a.m.? I am pretty sure they were ghosts. Not kidding.
7. Read a scary book. Watched a scary movie. Ate some popcorn. Yeah, an exciting life, I know.
But the crispness of Fall is finally in the air here in SoCal and I am ready Halloween. Bring it on.
Signs of Halloween in your neighborhood?