In terms of my goals for the month, let's take a look. I was supposed to:
1. Finish revisions of a new middle grade novel and decide on a title. Well, I got a few more notes the other day, so I am still working on it, but soon. Soon. And I think I'll keep the working title (for now, anyway.) All in all, pretty pleased with this one. Not a completed goal, but close.
2. Write a new picture book. Does it count if I am revising an old one? Yes, let's say it does. And that should be done tonight! Ha-HA! Very excited about this one. I am going to refer to it as KWAP, which sounds kind of funny when you say it, actually.
3. Look at Chicken Wizard again. Oops. I did not do this. I kind of forgot because I was working on something that was not even on my goal list for January. Sorry, Chicken Wizard, but I think I have to bump you to the next month.
4. No, I did not have a fourth goal for January, but I ended up writing an early chapter book anyway! Yay! It is just the first draft, so if I decide to "keep" it, I know it will need revision. Probably lots. But it needs some time in the cooler before I make a decision. I really like it, but it is pretty different from anything I've done, so I definitely need to wait until I can see it with fresh eyes. It's name is Dingle.
My goals also include trying a new restaurant each month. This month it was Urban Plates. Folks, I can really get behind this whole farm-to-table movement. This place is so good! We went last night after my storytelling even at Ashley Falls Elementary School in Del Mar and I would have gone back again tonight except that I have a lot of work to do and it is kind of far away.
|Photo take from their website. I reckon they wouldn't mind. I mean, I am talking about how good the food is and I suppose they would want people to see how good it looks, too.|
- THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN by Katherine Applegate winning the Newbery award this year. (Also thrilled that a few bloggers and librarians thought that THE SEVEN TALES OF TRINKET was a dark horse in the race that stood a chance (slim, most likely:) of getting an mention...heck, to have my book mentioned anywhere near books like IVAN was humbling and amazing. Even though TRINKET'S chances were remote, I can't tell you what an honor it was that my book was a part of the conversation.)
- Not cutting all my hair off. Man, I was tempted. Some of those cute, choppy, pixie styles are just so, well, cute. But instead, I just got it layered a bit and that made all the difference. So much less scraggly.
- Three day weekends. We had two this month. Nice way to start the year.
- CHARLOTTE'S WEB.
Did you meet your goals for the month? And what are you grateful for?