Saturday, March 23, 2013
On My Desk
This is why it is dangerous to get a bigger desk.
More junk fits on it.
On my desk today:
1. a green stabilo pen my daughter brought me back from Paris 2 years ago.
2. my plastic Butterbeer cup from Harry Potter World.
3. a camera
4. an Ireland UFO License for AREA-51 assigned to a person by the name of A. Leon.
5. A duckling egg holder with a purple sharpie in it instead of an egg.
6. a random glass.
7. an Outback giftcard.
8. a grant application (completed!!)
9. a half-full legal pad.
10. a green moleskine that has seen better days.
11. a composition book covered in big, red hearts.
12. Early Poems of William Butler Yeats.
13. a page of stickers of fruits and icecream treats (including a bow-tie wearing banana)
14. 68 pages of a manuscript I am completely re-doing.
15. a picturebook manuscript masquerading as a big mistake.
16. a list of 32 things I need to do before my parents arrive next week.
17. A brand new writing book with inspirational sayings on the front (Staples, $5 bucks.)
18. A card I bought for myself with an Albert Einstein quote (It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.)
19. a random spoon.
20. a short stack of mini-bookmarks for Trinket.
So, after I clean my desk, maybe I'll be able to get some work done. Seriously, though, how does it all pile up so fast????
Posted by storyqueen at 3:26 PM