Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

The End of Feb (Yay!)

Not a fan of February.  Glad it's gone.

Okay, just a quick look at goals:

1.  Finish revision of MG Novel:  Can you hear my laughter through the computer screen?  It sounds kind of like a cross between a donkey and a goat. Finish?  Ha.  I  am actually doing a rewrite.  I hate doing rewrites usually--so much just comes out the same way as it did the first time--but in this case, I think it's warranted, because the vision is different.  And I did come up with with a title I like, which is a title I loved long ago but didn't think fit anymore, but with the rewrite maybe it will.

2. Write a new picture book or revise one:  I revised one, and I'll be tweaking one part again this weekend.  Hopefully I'll get it right.  However, picture books are elusive, like poems, and if one part is wrong, then none of it sings.

3.  Look at Chicken Wizard again:  As if.  I just need to permanently take it off the goal list.  It will not be done until it's ready.   I just need to accept it.

March goals:

1.  Work on two completely different MGs concurrently while trying not to pull out my own hair.
2.  Fix the picture book.

Simple, really.

Yeah.  Right.

In my other resolution, I was supposed to try a new restaurant.  This month, I went to a place called The Privateer with my husband on Valentine's day.  It's a new little coal oven pizza dive.  Never really been into coal pizza (few places in San Diego County offer this) but MAN!!! It is good.  Nice to support a new local biz.

As for Gratitude--I am going to save this for mid-month when I can't think of anything to blog about.  I'm just a bit tired tonight, and I have to get up early so I can appear at the READ AND ROMP in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday tomorrow.

Wishing you the best March ever!!

hrh

3 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on getting the revision done! That's a great accomplishment.

Joanne R. Fritz said...

Was that what that sound was? You laughing? I thought I heard something...

I hate rewrites too. Revision, on the other hand, I love. But a complete rewrite from scratch? That's hard. Don't beat yourself for not getting it done in February. Besides, February's a short month. March will be better!

Stephanie Thornton said...

I am also not a fan of February, but it is better than January. Man, am I glad that's over!

Good luck with the revision. Everything's better (and easier) in March!