Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Literacy Night


Toler Elementary in San Diego invited me to attend their Literacy Night last week.  It was an amazing evening filled with stories, reading, and performances.  They even had a "wax museum" filled with students dressed as the authors they researched!

Moments from a school visit:



Look!  These kids read GET WELL, GOOD KNIGHT and wrote about it.  Adorable!

Those are some pretty amazing little dragons.  

And look at this mural--simply filled with little dragons and crumbly tumbly towers.

I think I see a few princesses...

And of course, the cozy little cave.

These are my mini-me's.  They were so knowledgeable about my life it was scary.

I'm the one in the middle, in case you can't tell.

Thank you so much, Toler.  I had a great time.  And I got to finish the evening by heading over to my favorite place in San Diego to eat this:
Bibimbap!

hrh




1 comment:

Kelly Polark said...

I love this so much!
The mural is absolutely beautiful and I love the mini Shelleys!!