|Part donut, part croissant. Where have you been all my life?|
1. Eat a cronut. Yeah, I know, it's a simple thing to have at the top of a summer list, but I will feel pretty good about this summer if I can accomplish this.
2. Hike around in Joshua Tree National Park. (Actually, I am hoping to do this tomorrow.) It's so close and I've never been.
|Those trees in the background look like DUDES!|
3. See the covers of my new books, NO, NO KITTEN! and SECRETS OF SELKIE BAY. One of them is almost finished, one of them I have no idea what to expect. But I am excited beyond all reason to have a glimpse of both.
4. Watch the sunset in the desert.
5. Watch the sunset over the ocean. (Okay, I am noticing a theme here--where are the sunrises?)
6. Sleep in sometimes. (Oh, that's where the sunrises are--being missed altogether! Well done, me! Sleep is good.)
7. Visit Catalina Island. Again, so close but I have never been!
8. Eat Mexican food in New Mexico. Well, why not?
9. Visit the Santa Fe Opera.
|Look at it, all snuggled up against the Sangre de Cristos.|
10. Oh, and write. A BUNCH. Write a bunch of words! Good words, of course.
So, what's on your summer to-do list?