Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Banana or Pickle?

I am working on a picture book and find myself in the interesting situation of deciding which is funnier, a banana or a pickle?

My eldest daughter said that a yodeling pickle would always be funnier than a yodeling banana (her uncle arrived at Christmas this year with a yodeling pickle, much to the delight of everyone......at first). However she pointed out that a person dressed up as a banana would always be funnier than a person dressed as a pickle.

Seeing as how the book has neither yodeling nor people in costume, I am stuck with the dilemma, banana or pickle?


I'll try them both out and let you know what is funnier.....perhaps I'll ask my royal subjects in grades 1-3 (the target audience).


hrh

3 comments:

Rick Daley said...

The banana, because you can always use the peel for a little slapstick comic relief.

storyqueen said...

Yea, the banana is somewhat "appealing!"

Sorry......that was lame, I know.

Thanks for stopping by!

Shelley

Paige Keiser said...

Hi Shelley, thanks so much for linking me- I was so excited because I love your Good Knight series and checked out the whole bunch at my local library a while back--I was studying Jennifer Plecas' work.

I'll add your link as well. As for the banana\pickle dilemma I agree that it depends on the situation. They're both funny to say out loud though - why not include both? :0) I remember a poem where a child had to spell banana in a spelling bee and didn't know when to stop LOL - that cracked me up. b-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a.....