So, it's been, to quote Bart Simpson, a craptacular day. (And if I'm quoting Bart Simpson, well, that says something right there because I am not the Bart-Simpson-Quoting-Type)
I could come here and whine about it, but then I'll just feel even worse. There's something about putting words into writing that makes a feeling more real. And I don't even really have a reason to whine. Nothing really bad happened. Just a cruddy day.
I'm going to list a few things I love in order to put myself in a better mood:
1. slippers (like uggs, or something equally soft on the inside.) Already I feel a bit cozier.
2. Abraham Lincoln-because isn't there some quote from him about happiness being a decision that you make...? (Help me out here...or I'll have to google it myself.....)
3. muppets- Ah, yes, a snarky remark from Miss Piggy, or a thrown fish from the Swedish Chef would do me a world of good right now.
4. potatoes-I've probably blabbed about potatoes before. But seriously, could there be any better food?
5. cheese-(Earth to Shelley-go make dinner) yup, I'm hungry.
6. Lost-I had forgotten until a few minutes ago that it was Lost night. See, truly it is the little things that make us happy!
7. When my kids clean the kitchen-Which happened last night!!! Bliss, I tell you.
8. When the rain starts pouring down right AFTER you get home. (Thanks, Mr. Cloud)
See, I'm only to 8 and already I feel better.
Oh, and um, guess what? I finished my WIP YA a few nights ago! So that should make me very happy, indeed!
(Not even looking over at the desk upon now which is an empty tea-cup, a plastic watch container, safety scissors, and another camera, along with all of the other stuff. It will just tick me off if I look at it.)