Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Mystery of the Missing List and the Too Quiet House

So lame.

I had a post prepared (kind of...well, actually I had a list made) of something really cool I wanted to share with you.  And actually, share with myself as well.  See, I use this blog not only to talk a bit with whoever is out there from time to time, but also as a way to talk to myself--to remind myself of stuff I need to remember, or to mull over how I am feeling about my writing, or to maintain a record of my progress on certain WIPs.  Whatever.

But I have been thinking I ought to post about the books I REALLY want to read this summer.  The books I have been making a list of since Spring so that once I FINISHED my latest set of line-edits, I could prioritize my BOOKS of SUMMER list and get started.

Except that now I can't find it.  Lame.

I am certain it will turn up, though.  And I ought to be able to find it in this newly quiet house.  (shhhh...yes, it is so quiet here.  That's because I've got one kid at a sleepover, one at a movie and one in PARIS. And yes, skype is a life saver!))

And since I have finished my huge writing chore,( and also a re-read of the 7th Harry Potter in prep for the movie), and it is so calm and peaceful here, I am all ready to hunker down with my list and start deciding what mood I am in...what will the first book be?

Except that now I can't find it.  Lame.  (this is like a refrain or something!)


So...um..if anyone has any good ideas until I find my list of new(ish) books that must be read this summer, feel free to let me know.


hrh

P.S. If the kid at the movie or the sleepover moved the list, I might have a chance at finding it.  If the kid in Paris moved it, I am in a pickle.  Or should I say I vill be in zee pickle, non? Yeah, I know.  My fake French stinks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you find your missing list. It seems that I'm always losing my lists. Sometimes I wonder why I even start them. Perhaps I need to start a list to keep track of my other lists. What do you think?
: )

Happy 4th of July!

Myrna Foster said...

Have you read Cornelia Funke's RECKLESS, or MY FAIR GODMOTHER, by Janette Rallison? I hope you find your list, too. :o)

Corey Schwartz said...

Just started Hourglass. Not far enough in to make an actual recommendation, but so far very intriguing!

Miss Gin said...

You need to go high tech and create a goodreads account - then you can keep an online list of books you've read and books you'd like to read :)

Sherrie Petersen said...

I am forever losing my lists. Then they show up weeks later and I panic, not sure if I've done what's on the list or not! *sigh* But a book list? Those I keep on the computer so they don't get lost :)

Laura Pauling said...

I hate missing lists! Especially lists with books I want to read! Hope you find it. :)

storyqueen said...

Susanne-Yes! Brill! The list to keep track of other lists!
But will I lose that, too? hmmm...

Myrna-I've not read Reckless or My Fair Godmother! Thanks for the rec!

Corey-Is that the one where the girl on the cover looks like she is being blown by a very strong wind? I've seen it, I think, but not read it yet. Thanks!

Gin-I've thought about it, and I even have a goodreads acct, but that is one thing I have a hard time keeping up with. Not sure why...

Sherrie-Yes, I should put them IN computer...not next to said machine. But then I will probably forget the name of the file...

Laura-Me too...although I went shopping for books without the list anyway. I wonder if any of the books I bought are on my list!

Anne Spollen said...

There's probably an amazing reason why you lost that list. At least that's what I tell myself when it happens to me.

Either that or there are borrowers living in your house...