Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Progress

Hmm..

Progress.

Not too much, really.

But I keep reminding myself that it is better than nothing--and way more than there would be if I hadn't decided to NaNoFiMo.

I am writing a book right now that I truly have NO IDEA how I am going to get it to the place I think it needs to go. Not that I really even know where it will end up.  I just kind of have an idea of where it might ought to go.  I feel like some inept person pointing to a map and saying, "Hey, I think I'll go to that dot there.  Looks like a good dot."

But the story is interesting to me, so I will continue to follow it.

At a snail's pace.

However, I kind of want to write something Christmas-y, and I am not certain if such a scene will fit in my WIP.  Some of my favorite tales are Christmas tales (A Christmas Carol, The Velveteen Rabbit, etc).  I just want to write something that will get me in the spirit.

Maybe I'll just throw caution to the wind and start something new.  (Not something long, just something a little newish...)

Something small.

Like a tiny, little Christmas story.

"Most stories about Christmas are big and shiny
with large presents and tall, glittering trees.

But not this story.

This is a very tiny Christmas tale..."

Hmm...wonder what I'll do with that.


hrh

6 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Good luck, Shelley!

Julie Dao said...

I LOVE Christmas! You should totally write a little Christmas story :) I've been toying with the idea of writing a short little children's book and this seems to be the perfect time of year to do it.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

"Looks like a good dot!" I'm all over that....;)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I think that sounds like a great idea! :-)

Old Kitty said...

Awwww good luck with your Christmas story! Sounds like it may be tiny but it's got a big heart! Yay for you! take care
x

Anonymous said...

Taking a break from your current WIP to write something Christmas-y sounds like a fine idea. Then you can go back to the WIP with a renewed spirit.