Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Very Pinteresting

Yes.  I've heard all of the reasons not to have a Pinterest account, the biggest one being that it is a super-massive black hole of a time stealer.

But folks, I am here to tell you that I have discovered a way that Pinterest actually SAVES me time!!!
(And I am always in need of time saving techniques...especially easy ones.)

Here's the thing--I am not the most organized of individuals.  It's not intentional. It's just that usually I am not giving 100% complete attention to the task at hand because I am thinking about writerly things.  In other words,  even when I am taking out the garbage, I am daydreaming.

What happens is that when I am on the internet, I find lots of cool stuff.  Sometimes I will bookmark the site, but often I can't remember if I did or not.  So, I spend a lot of time having to re-find stuff that I've already found.

Enter Pinterest.

Now I get to Pin stuff to a BOARD so I can't lose it!!  For a person that moves from thought to thought like my brain does, this is perfect for me!

AND I have always wanted a place to put books that I like, BOOK TRAILERS (!), and other neat-o things so that I can find them again.

Right now, I have 8 boards.  I know!

They are:

For Hogwarts Party, click here (you never know when you are going to want to  throw a Harry Party!...which is better, I think, than a Hairy Party....)

For Schoolishness, click here (there is that important part of me that will never stop loving this kind of thing.)

For Book Trailers, click here (Let me know what else I should add!)

For Book Stuff, click here (If I had a jillion bucks, I'd have all of this stuff.)

For Celtic things, click here (look for some Trinket stuff to slip in here from time to time.)

For Rawr Dragons, click here (I can never get enough of dragons.)

For Picture Books I love, click here (This is just the tip of the iceberg!)

And for Middle Grade Books Worth Reading, click here (again, much more to come!)

I am thinking of giving Trinket her own board over the summer when I have time to make it. And maybe a teen books board, since I read a lot of those, too.

But what I love is that so many of the things I love online are now so easy for me to find!  Even if I am the only person to ever look at my own Pinterest, I won't care.  It is meeting my needs just by existing.

If any of you are on Pinterest, let me know and I'll look you up.  If you haven't played around on it yet, you might want to give it a try.  Again, let me stress that I am not the queen of social media, a lot of it makes my head spin, but for some reason, I find the different boards very Pinteresting.  (See what I did there?)

Off to add the Harry Potter books to the middle grade board.  How could I not have done that yet?/?

hrh

5 comments:

Julie Dao said...

I love Pinterest myself! It's a handy tool and I got over my semi-addiction very quickly. It's a great place to pin reminders and inspiring images. I'll have to follow your boards if I'm not doing so already!

Stina said...

Oh cool. I never thought of using it just for me. I'm considering doing it, but if I do, I'm cutting blogging back to twice a week, otherwise I won't have time for everything.

storyqueen said...

Julie-I just found your boards and followed them! Love the one for Forest of a Thousand Lanterns!

Stina-I ended up cutting back on blogging, but not due to pinterest, just due to life. Hope to be back to twice a week in the summer.

Aylee said...

So I'm not sure I completely understand what the big deal behind Pinterest is, but this definitely helped. I'll have to get an account sometime.

Anonymous said...

I haven't gone over to the Pinterest side. There are a lot of people using it, and there are some really cool boards, but I can't keep up with everything I'm doing now. : )