Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Stop the Summer Slide

Hi everyone.  Happy Summer!!

Just a quick note to say I'll be helping my local Barnes and Noble (Oceanside) kick off their Summer Reading Program this Sunday, June 23, at 11:00 a.m. There will be crafts and I'll tell a tale or two.  Of course, Elvis and Oreo are bound to make an appearance, as well a Baby Dragon and Anty.  Not sure which book I'll read yet, but I guarantee a fun time will be had by all.

And the best part is this.  If you fill out this little reading journal, you get a FREE BOOK from B and N!  All you have to do is to read 8 books.  That is an awesome deal, folks.

*WE INTERRUPT THIS BLOG POST WITH AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE TEACHER PART OF MY BRAIN*

Here's the thing, kids, all of you have worked hard during the school year. Very hard.  If you read a few books over the summer, you are LESS likely to have a case of the dreaded Summer Slide.  (That's when your teacher asks you at the beginning of the school year to do something and your brain goes Wait! What? Hmmm...I used to know how to do that....ooohhh, what's that word?....DRAT!  WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER??)

Don't let Summer Slide happen to you!

*WE NOW RETURN TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED BLOG POST*

So come and see me if you can on Sunday morning.  I might have a giveaway or two myself.  I mean, if B and N are going to reward readers, I should probably follow suit.  (Although everyone knows that reading is a reward in itself.  Duh.)















hrh

1 comment:

Julie Dao said...

I love the idea of that reading journal! Wish they had one for grown-ups :D