Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dang!!





Yes, this is my Napoleon Dynamite sweatband.  Why do you ask? Some days,you just need to break out the Napoleons.  Usually, it is in its place of honor...uh...under the bed somewhere.  Actually, I am not sure where Henry found it but it seemed appropriate for the day.
Okay, so I don't mean Dang!  in a cranky way, like Dang, I just stepped in a puddle!  I mean it more in a Dang, it'st been quite a day! kind of way.  A good kind of dang, I suppose.

Anyway, I went to B and N tonight to see some author friends who were signing books: the wonderful  Shannon Messenger, Kiersten White, and Natalie Whipple  and I found this!!

The first Trinket paperback Ever!!!
I know it's probably cheesy to buy your own book in a store, but if Matt de la Pena can do it, (and admit to it!!) so can I.  (Boy, I am really dropping the names tonight!)

And then there is this from today's Publisher's Weekly:

Sarah Zhang at Boyds Mills Press has acquired two picture books by Shelley Moore Thomas: Kitten Wants a Puppy and There Are No Dragons in This Book. In the first book, a kitten can't understand why she isn't allowed to have a puppy and a few other not so cat-like things, and in Dragons, an interactive book, readers search for dragons that aren't there (or are they?). Publication of Kitten is set for fall 2015; Joanna Volpe of New Leaf Literary & Media brokered the deal for world rights. 

Yeah, so I have been kind of busy. And I can't wait to share Kitten and Dragons with you! 

Quite a day.

Dang.

hrh

5 comments:

Catherine Denton said...

I second that with a, "DaaaAAAng!!" That is a load of goodness. Well deserved, Shelley!!

Jess said...

Love the new cover of Trinket (I adore the first one as well)! Congrats again on those picture books~ they both sound wonderful. My teens are huge Napoleon D. fans~ we own the movie and probably watch it at least once a month :)

Stasia said...

Dang, Shelley, that's quite a post. So many congrats. As always, I love stopping by your blog!

Nancy Villalobos said...

Wonderful news on all fronts! It's been quite a year for you, and I'm sure there will be more to come.Any tips on how you get it all done?

Julie Dao said...

And a big DANG! from me to add to the chorus! Congratulations, Shelley!