Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hello 2015



So this is what I am striving for this year. Harmony. Harmony in my home. Harmony at work. Harmony in my writing. Harmony in life.

I have to ask myself exactly what I mean by this. (It is one of those things that looks good on paper, that has a nice sound to it, but how will I know if I a leading a harmonious life?)

For me, I think I want to make sure that the diverse elements of my life are working together, making me stronger, as opposed to pulling me apart in so many different directions. It is a sense of togetherness that works to make something that...sounds good? Well, better than something sounding discordant.

When I think of harmony, I naturally think of peace, too.

I'd like to live a more peaceful life. I'd like to help the world become more peaceful by the way I choose to live my life.

If this sounds like a resolution, I suppose it is, sort of.

Speaking of resolutions, I want to eat more meals that look like this:
SG1

or this:
sg4

These are re-creations of school lunches from around the world from this article.

So, that's it for me this year--harmony and better food.

What's on your resolution plate?

hrh


3 comments:

Dawn Simon said...

I get it. I, too, want to have all the parts of my life make me stronger, not fractured. I'm a box checker, and while I didn't make any real resolutions, I told a friend I might spend more time just enjoying each day rather than pushing constant self-imposed goals that I continue to add to. Harmony sounds like an excellent resolution. :)

Anonymous said...

Harmony is a great word. A great goal for the year. I have chosen two words for 2015. They are HEALTH and PATIENCE.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Those are school lunches??? They look fabulous. Lucky kids.
I'm trying to schedule my days better so they feel less scattered, if that makes sense. I think it has something to do with harmony, too.