Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Story School #3

Hello again!! Welcome to Story School #3

What is Story School, you ask--let me tell you.  Every Wednesday this summer, I'll post a story starter of sorts.  It might be an idea or a prompt.  It might be just a single word.  Who knows!  Story School started as a way for me to continue to connect with the students from my school (about writing) over the summer. But really, Story School is for everyone, young or old.  Writing exercises often get my writing juices flowing so I thought it would be good to share some of the stuff that works for me! 

Thanks for last week's stories!  I am still working on my Escape Chapter myself, so I am not quite ready to move on yet. Hoping to finish it today.

But I will not leave you hanging without a prompt. In honor of my husband's* birthday, the prompt is, in fact, BIRTHDAY. 

Maybe it will be one of your characters' birthdays. Maybe he or she will make a wish. Wishes are tricky things, you know how they say to be careful what you wish for.

Maybe you will write about a big party that is incredibly wild. Or a small party, with only a mouse, a snail, and a cricket.

Maybe you will write about cake.  

Cake is awesome. Here are a few inspirational cakes:






I usually like a lot of frosting on a cake, but this one looks like the frosting is all soaked in, which is probably darn tasty.
This one is pretty, but I dunno. Maybe something is hiding inside. 




Seriously, if someone dared me to eat all of the buttercream roses, I would. Seriously. #sugaroverload
Noel made this one (I decorated it with flowers) for Cali's birthday. It was Soooooooo Yummmy!!




So enjoy your birthday writing! And remember, you can leave some of your writing in the comments section, or share with me at storyqueen@gmail.com.

hrh

PS. Happy Birthday, Sean. You make all things seem possible.

No comments: