1. Play-dough- It's been years since I played with play-dough and man, it is FUN! We were doing a lesson on economics in class (yes, play-dough economics!) and the kids and I made all manner of cool things. Can't wait for lesson 2.
2. Fuji apples-Usually I am a Granny Smith fan, but we just got the best batch of Fuji's. So crisp!
3. Foggy mornings-Some people dread the impending May Gray (followed by the June Gloom), but I love it. There is something about mist...
4. Clear nights-Just got a grant for a telescope for my class and I can't wait to have an Astronomy Night.
5. Thinking of new ideas for picture books-There is something magic about the picture book idea before you actually try to write it. All of the hope in the world is there, swirling around, waiting for you to grasp it. I don't know if it is like this for other authors, but I get MANY picture book ideas that I cannot milk a book from. Oh, somebody else might be able to make it fabulous, but for some reason, I cannot glean the magic from the idea and it falls flat. (Hmm...maybe I should have an IDEA GIVE-AWAY wherein I offer The Great Ideas that Fell Flat For Me....but I digress) I love that time, before I take pen to paper and the idea flutters just outside of my brain, tickling my ear, convincing me that I truly am a writer, for I must be if ideas follow me around.
And here it is, almost the end of April....sigh. May is always a rollercoaster. Best keep my hands inside of the car at all times....