I should have updated my progress back at the end of February...but alas. And now April is looming and I need to figure out where I am and what direction I need to go.
First, the latest stats:
1. Icky Chicky-a VERY short picture book (less than 100 words) that cracks me up. (Get it? Cracks me up?) DONE
2. Bob the Slob and the Wobbly Blob-picture book, rhyming, silly.700 words. DONE
3. Nix the Naughty-chapter book, DONE
4. Seven Tales of Trinket-middle grade, editing with agent IN PROGRESS.
5. Chicken Wizard-easy reader, 850 words, DONE
6. Wren Faire-teen/young adult, REVISING.
7. Surfiesta-poetry/picture book, still working on.
So, um, at first glance, it seems kind of good, right? Lots of DONEs. But the thing is, I'm not used to having a lot of pieces finished at around the same time. Usually, I have more WIP's going. (I don't recommend it for everyone, but I know it works for me.Maybe a middle grade or two, a couple of picture books..that kind of thing.)
Meaning: I have to start some new things (a new middle grade would be nice....)
And I am struggling.
Which to choose, which to choose? WHICH TO CHOOSE!!??
Here is my plan: I am going to write the queries of the 4 middle books* I cannot decide about, start in on them a bit and see where it takes me. Hopefully, I'll have it narrowed to 2 by Thursday. (I can handle 2 brand new ideas at a time, but no more than that......) If have not sufficiently narrowed my focus by then, I am going to post one sentence descriptions of the stories in question and YOU can tell me what you think.
*Do you hear that, little ideas? If you don't hurry up and decide amongst yourselves who gets to go first, I'm going to let the blogosphere decide...and you'll just have to live with it!!!
Edited to include the fact that I have been working on these pieces for a long time...since Fall....you can see the titles over and over again in my progress reports. I seriously didn't write them all in one month!!! It's just weird that I've finished them at around the same time...
Seriously, I don't really get THAT much done....